The following are examples of health projects completed by Global Partners for Development from 2000-2012 in East Africa. For more information on any of these projects or others, contact us at [email protected].
2000: God-Ber Community Dispensary – Maternity ward construction
2001: Kapassy Community Clinic – Maternity ward construction
2002: Matata Hospital – Generator purchase for reliable electricity
2005: SONCAM – Health project for vulnerable street children
2006: Matata Hospital – Home care trainings for AIDS patients
2006: Crescent Medical Aid Kenya – Funds for child feeding program
2006: Kangundo Community Health Center – Construction of inpatient ward
2007: Kangundo Community Clinic – Construction of an inpatient clinic as well as equipment for the clinic
2008: Arumeru Women Support Group – Poultry husbandry program for nutrition and income for AIDS patients
2008: Matata Hospital – Maternity ward renovation
2008: Lake Victoria Community Women – Food, furniture, and miscellaneous items for 50 orphans in response to shortages caused by the violence occurring during the elections in Kenya.
2010: Matata Hospital – Medical equipment, bicycles for community health workers
2011: Matata Hospital & OGRA Foundation – Funding of ten medical shipments to these medical facilities through Direct Relief International
- Kirima Women’s Association – 21 heifers from GPFD; 19 calves passed on to fellow members and 5 passed on to Kyandago Women’s Group.
- Bugarama Women’s Club Foundation – 50 heifers from GPFD; 29 calves passed on to other groups.
- Nyarurambi Women Farmer’s Assocation – 20 heifers from GPFD; 16 passed on to Kishororo.
- Nyakabungo Bakyara Twimuke Group – 20 heifers from GPFD; 23 passed on to other groups.
- Kashenyi Women’s Progressive Group – 31 heifers from GPFD
- Itembezo Women’s Group – 24 heifers from GPFD; 20 passed on to other groups.
- Rugyeyo Advocates Persistence Association – 20 heifers from GPFD.
- Kicwamba Women’s Group – 10 heifers from GPFD
- Makiro Caritas Group – 6 heifers from GPFD
- Rugyeyo Twetungure Group – 10 heifers from GPFD
- Nyamwegabira Farmers’ Association – 11 heifers from GPFD
- Functional Adult Literacy Club – 13 heifers from GPFD; 27 passed on to other groups.
- Rwengongo Women’s Group – 5 heifers from GPFD; 5 passed on to other groups.
- Kajugangoma Women’s Handcraft Group – 5 heifers from GPFD
- Nyamirama Women Farmers Group – 14 heifers from GPFD
- Nugangari Initiative to Develop Women and Youth – 5 heifers from GPFD
- Katonya Rural Women’s Development Club – 16 heifers from GPFD; 15 calves passed on to other groups.
- Nyakishenyi Development Association – 5 heifers from GPFD
- Kabana Butere Bumere Women’s Group – 8 heifers from GPFD
- Katonya Bakyara Kwetungura – 11 from GPFD; 16 passed on
- Kabukwenda Women’s Development Group – 6 from GPFD
- Kamunyu Women’s Group – 5 from GPFD
- Omukigumira Women’s Development Group – 5 from GPFD
- Burandami Women’s Group – 5 from GPFD; 3 passed on to fellow members
- Karukara Women’s Group – 4 from GPFD
- Kinyashohera Women’s Group – 10 from GPFD
2000: Jinga Central Clinic – Funding of medical shipment of medicines and supplies through Direct Relief International
2001: Sekei Village Council – Goat-keeping project for increased income and protein
2004: Rugyeyo Persistance Advocates – Livestock and crop husbandry project; micro lending project
2011: AMREF Uganda – Funding of five medical shipments through Direct Relief International
2001: Sasi Medical Dispensary – Construction of Sasi Dispensary in the village of Sasi
2001: Sokon Village Council – Zero-grazing dairy cow project
2001: Kapassy Community Clinic – Vehicle for mobile outreach and maternity ward construction
2005: Heifer International Tanzania – Funding for camels for improving the nutrition of the Maasai
2006: Karagwe Development and Relief Service (KADERES) – Kibimba Medical Dispensary construction with water storage tank in Mkunyu
2007: KADERES – Maternity wing construction at Mkunyu Dispensary
2011: KADERES Tanzania – Funding of five medical shipments from Direct Relief International